2. What did you do this year that you'd never done before? Lead communion, baptized a baby, performed a wedding, moved into a house, became a pastor...a year of many firsts!
3. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I vowed to be happy in 2010 & for the most part, I was. For 2011, I want to fully live my life as a fabulous 30 year old woman!
4. What was your favorite moment of the year? My ordination in February
5. What was your least favorite moment of the year? My examination on the floor of Presbytery - especially when screaming & fighting erupted on the floor while I was out of the room. Disappointing to hear it all.
6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year? More confidence in my abilities as a pastor
7. What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 5th - my ordination as a Minister of Word & Sacrament in the PC(USA)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? surviving the first year as a pastor:)
9. What was your biggest failure? Stressing out way too much!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes. In April, I was diagnosed with Celiac disease after being hospitalized for a bad reaction to an iron infusion. I had severe iron deficency anemia as well. In September, I fell in the shower & suffered a mild concussion.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jane DeFord, the fabulous moderator of my Presbytery who stood beside me through this first year. She is the best mentor a girl could ask for!
12. Did you breakup with anyone this year? nope
13. Did you make any new friends this year? I did. Lots of great people in my Presbytery.
14. Did you travel outside of the U.S. this year? Not this year. Hopefully...
15. How many different states did you travel to this year? Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, Ohio, Maryland, Washington DC.
16. Did you lose anybody close to you this year? No, thanks be to God.
17. Did you miss anybody in the past year? My dear friends from seminary, Alper
18. What was your favorite movie you saw this year? The sad thing is that I can't think of one, but I am sure there was one...
19. What was your favorite song? Blackberry Time by Luka Bloom
20. What was your favorite album? The Canadian Tenors
21. Favorite TV show? The Daily Show
22. What was the best book you read? American Freak Show - Willie Geist
23. How many concerts did you see this year? none:(
24. What was the funniest moment of this year? having my neighbor's cat Damian learn that he could come into my house. He's too much.
25. What did you want and get? I wanted to lose weight & it happened. I feel healthier than ever before.
26. What's one thing you wish had happened this year? I wish I had more of a social life
27. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? Perhaps, but why focus on the negative?
28. How much money did you spend this year? see next question...
29. Where did most of your money go? Well, I bought a new car & new computer, along with new bedroom furniture & a bunch of stuff for my house
30. What was the best thing you bought? My fabulous car - 2010 Ford Focus
31. What was your most embarrassing moment of the year? Falling in my shower & suffering a concussion.
32. If you could go back in time to any moment of this year, what would it be? The moment when I officially became a Minister of Word & Sacrament. It was an amazing feeling.
33. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to the National Cathedral in DC to hear David Axelrod speak.
34. What song will always remind you of this year? Blackberry Time
35. Compared to this time last year, are you
-happier or sadder? Happier
-thinner or fatter? Thiner
-richer or poorer? Richer in more ways than one
36. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spent more time exploring the area beyond Lancaster & West Chester
37. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying & stressing out
38. How did you be spend Christmas? I was in my house, drinking cups of coffee & watching movies. The week after Christmas, I spent with family & friends in Savannah
39. Did you fall in love this year? yes.
40. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned the big 3-0 this year. I celebrated with family in Ohio. On my actual birthday, I was flying home to PA
41. What one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having a partner in life to share all of this with
42. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year? Moving from student mode into professional mode. Lots of pearls!
43. What kept you sane? God, family, friends, red wine, days off
44. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Rachel Maddow. She is amazing. Also, Mika Brezenski. Got to meet her this year. Pretty amazing.
45. Who was the best new person you met? My friend Tim Dooner.
46. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year: Stay true to who you are. Don't try to be who others want you to be.
47. What are your plans for the next year? Go to New York City, two weeks in Montreat this coming summer, remain happy
48. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: