Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Reflections

I took this photo last fall. I was traveling home from my third interview in two weeks & stopped for the afternoon in Montreat. I hiked up the hill to the area where there is small lake which feeds the creek that runs down the mountain to Lake Susan. It is my favorite place in Montreat, because it is quiet and absolutely beautiful, especially in the fall. I walked around the lake, stopping to take photographs of the gorgeous scenery, with the bright leaves shining in the sunlight. As I walked & took photos, I was discerning and talking with God about my future. At that time, I had no idea who would call me to be their pastor. There was nothing else I could do but leave it up to God.

So much has changed in a year. I was called. I moved. My life completely changed. I am thankful, even though life has not been the easiest over the last eight months.

I am sitting here today, looking out my window of my study, watching the leaves on my trees in the backyard. I am reminded of change - with each new season comes change and new opportunities. That is a gift we are given by God and one I needed to be reminded of today. Thanks be to God.

1 comment:

Cheryl R. Peeples said...

Oh so very true!