Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Prayer Pants Are On


It's been a while since I last posted on here. To be honest, I'm not completely sure who actually reads this blog! Regardless, a lot has happened since June 1st. I've gotten used to being here in Tennessee, although I admit that I am very ready to move! I do enjoy spending time with my family, but I'm ready for more. About a month ago, I went on the senior high work camp with my home church because they needed another adult leader at the last minute. We spent about 9 days in Louisville, KY doing repair work at Cedar Ridge Presbytery Camp and with Wayside Christian Mission in downtown Louisville. The kids had a wonderful experience & did a lot of hard work in the heat & humidity! I had a great time getting to know them. They are a great youth group with a lot of talented kids.
Soon after, I had an interview with a church. I can't mention where it is, but I can say that it was a great experience! I really loved the church & the people I met there. Honestly, I could very easily see myself living there & working at this church. Now, the hard part begins. I will probably hear from them in the next couple of weeks. Waiting is extremely hard! So, my prayer pants are on:) I know God has plans for me & I am trying my best to wait for them. In the meantime, I have a few other leads on positions.
Living in liminal space is not the easiest thing to do. There are so many unknowns & I really have very little control over it all. All I can do is present myself in the best way possible to these PNCs & pray things will work out. I am certainly looking forward to the day when I am settled in my new place & beginning the new chapter of my life.
Meanwhile, I'll keep my prayer pants on. If you want, you can put yours on too.

3 comments:

Mark Baker-Wright said...

I read it!

Best wishes as you await word on this call.

Whitney said...

Me too! I'm praying for ya, happy to hear an update, and know that you're going to wind up in the right place. I was just talking to my parents today about their montreat experience and about mine and said that I loved having you as my roomate because you're "one of the most naturally pastoral people I know." So thanks! :)

Erin said...

Thanks friends! One never knows who is reading this thing.

Whit- I miss you, friend! I loved having you as a roomie at Montreat too. Glad your parents had a great time there this summer.