Friday, January 09, 2009

When Will it End?

The fighting in Israel & Gaza must end. It is so painful to hear day after day stories of war. I often wonder if it will ever end. Both sides have been fighting for so long, I am not even sure they even know what they are fighting about anymore. Rockets are flying, homes & business are going up in flames, people are dying. Every single day. When will it end?

I pray for peace. I pray for hope. I pray for people who just want to live their lives without fear. I continue to pray.

I read some interesting posts about the Israel/Gaza war recently & I invite you to read them too. The first is a blog, written by two people - one in Gaza & one in Israel. It is a powerful witness of hope and peace. http://gaza-sderot.blogspot.com/ (thanks to Kerri for the link)

The second is a post by our PCUSA moderator, Bruce Reyes-Chow - a prayer for people in Gaza, but also a link to a letter written by the stated clerk, Gradye Parsons. http://www.mod.reyes-chow.com/2009/01/prayers-for-the-end-of-violence.html

Pray for peace. Pray for hope. Pray for all people.

No comments: