Monday, January 26, 2009

Texas Bound

Tomorrow morning, I fly to San Antonio, Texas for the APCE (Association of Presbyterian Christian Educators) 2009 Annual Conference. I'm so excited! I've never been to Texas, except for layovers in the Dallas & Houston airports. We're staying at the Crowne Plaza Riverwalk & the events are located all over the city. My friend Kristin is going as well & thank goodness we're on the same flight. We'll each be working in the exhibit hall - I'm representing CTS at the PCUSA Seminaries booth & Kristin is at the Young Adult Volunteer booth - taking workshops, listening to plenaries, & enjoying good worship services. This year, I am co-teaching a workshop on Work Camp Ministry with my dad. Also, we're going done early to enjoy San Antonio. I hope to catch up with my friend Rachel, who moved to San Antonio a couple of years ago & we've not seen each other for a long time. It should be a great trip & much needed break before spring semester starts next Monday!

2 comments:

Rob Monroe said...

Have a great trip! I have Presbytery tomorrow, so only one of us could go. That one is not me.

Love the new blog header. Did you take that picture?

Erin said...

Thanks Rob! The trip was AMAZING:) I love going to APCE each year.

And, yes. I did take the picture in my blog header. The jetty at Tybee Island, GA.