1. Was this a good year for you? Overall, yes.
2. What did you do this year that you'd never done before? Lived in an apartment by myself. Moved myself to Maryland. Traveled to Mexico, was a chaplain in a hospital.
3. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t do resolutions.
4. What was your favorite moment of the year? So many to choose from…
5. What was your least favorite moment of the year? Spending time as a patient in the ER.
6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year? Better health!
7. What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Two dates. First is July 3rd- the date of my surgery. Second is December 4th- my candidacy date.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming a candidate for ordination!
9. What was your biggest failure? Not becoming a candidate back in February.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? This summer, my gallbladder acted up and I had surgery. Also, some migraine headaches/vertigo in the spring that kept me in the bed.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? My baby cousin, Micah who learned how to walk!
12. Did you breakup with anyone this year? nope
13. Did you make any new friends this year? Oh, yes! All of my wonderful friends at LPC.
14. Did you travel outside of the U.S. this year? I spent my Jan term in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.
15. How many different states did you travel to this year? Let’s see…Ohio, Maryland, Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, New York
16. Did you lose anybody close to you this year? Not this year.
17. Did you miss anybody in the past year? My friends at CTS.
18. What was your favorite movie you saw this year? Shrek the Third
19. What was your favorite song? Dixie Chicks- Taking the Long Way Around
20. What was your favorite album? Josh Groban- Noel
21. Favorite TV show? Brothers & Sisters
22. What was the best book you read? Hands down…Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
23. How many concerts did you see this year? David LaMotte
24. What was the funniest moment of this year? Marc’s time travel experiment, so many moments at seminary…
25. What did you want and get? My internship at Laurel Presbyterian Church
26. What's one thing you wish had happened this year? I’m happy with the way things turned out, even when it was hard.
27. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? Not that I can think of.
28. How much money did you spend this year? Too much!
29. Where did most of your money go? Food, clothes, stuff for my apartment.
30. What was the best thing you bought? Five seasons of Gilmore Girls. Since I don’t have cable, I need something to watch!
31. What was your most embarrassing moment of the year? not sure…
32. If you could go back in time to any moment of this year, what would it be? Sitting in Whitney’s room- drinking wine, eating chocolate, laughing with friends while watching Sex & the City.3
3. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Thinking about my trip to California for this February!
34. What song will always remind you of this year? Taking Chances
35. Compared to this time last year, are you...
-happier or sadder? Much happier
-thinner or fatter? About the same
-richer or poorer? Well, actually richer in the grand scheme of things.
36. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spent time with friends before moving.
37. What do you wish you'd done less of? Stressing about Theology!
38. How will you be spending Christmas? My family traveled here to Maryland to spend Christmas at my place. We had an amazing dinner at my friend Nikki’s home- a huge Italian feast. New York City for the day.
39. Did you fall in love this year? Mmm….
40. How many one-night stands? None!
41. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 27 this year. I celebrated my birthday with Brandon having dinner in Alexandria, Virginia.
42. What one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having my CTS friends here with me in Maryland.
43. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?.I’m a very classic dresser. I love my pearls! They go with EVERYTHING. Also, lots of professional clothes for work, but still living in my jeans & crocs.
44. What kept you sane? Red wine, Sex & the City nights at Whitney’s, Amy, Brandon, my Wendy’s crowd.
45. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Barack Obama
46. Who was the best new person you met? Kathy Boyer
47. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year: I am called to ministry. No doubts about that anymore.
48. What are your plans for the next year? Spend five more months as LPC’s intern, travel to California, go to Mississippi with LPC to help with Katrina rebuilding, Montreat for the summer, pass the last two ordination exams, go back to CTS for my final year. Remain happy.
49. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"But what do you say to taking chances,
what do you say to jumping off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay.
What do you say?
What do you say?"
What do you say?"