Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I Am Not A Deep Thinker

I'm working on a sermon for this Sunday. It's on Job 38. I had it all locked up and ready to go, but then I got to thinking about it more...that's always a dangerous thing! The conventional notion is that Job remained faithful and showed amazing patience. However, I realized Job does indeed get upset with God. Now, I need to make some significant changes to the sermon. I am also preaching it in my class on Thursday, which honestly, makes me more nervous than the congregation. I think I put a lot of pressure on myself to try and have the perfect answers all the time in class, and often times I fail miserably. I feel inadequate a lot of the time here. I declared to a friend last week that I was not a deep thinker. I failed to look behind me and if I had, I would have seen my Theology professor there. He gave me a really hard time for that comment- even in the lecture that morning! It is hard to be in this place, with these people, and not feel a sense of inadequacy. I wonder if I will ever move beyond these thoughts that run through my mind every single day?

No comments: