Monday, September 04, 2006

Back in the family

An update: my lightheadness has gone away! I visited a neurologist about a week and half ago, and he told me it is a symptom of migraine headaches (which I have). So, I have proper meds and a diet to follow. Life is good once again!

I just got back to Atlanta from a week at home with the family in TN. Wow. I am really glad to get back here! Not that I don't love my family, but I really love my life here. We start the fall semester this week, which should be great. I love the classes I'm taking and it will be fantastic to catch up with all my classmates who've been gone over the summer.

I've been thinking lately about the family. Family is not just your biological/adoptive family. It is the people you surround yourself with- friends and others in your life. I have this group of people here at the seminary who I am close with. Even though, sometimes we are separated- I know I can always go back there. They are the Hebrew track students of 2005. We have a bond that I don't think can really ever be broken, even if there is distance between us. Although, I am branching out and do things with lots of people here, I know I can fall back and know they are there to catch me, and I am there to catch them.

I guess what I am trying to say...is it's nice to be back in the family.

No comments: